Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I have been following the Pioneer Woman blog for sometime now, and have been inspired by the beautiful pictures that are all over her site. Not really understanding what photography was all about and stumbling upon this post on the Pioneer womans blog, everything started to click. ( no pun intended)
Because Lisa's daughter Dani is here for her Chef internship ( but mostly because I'm lazy to make anything myself) I have decided to take pictures of her food for her. With a failed attempt to take pictures in the dark (and on a clear plate) of the delish Greek food she made; I was horrified to see that food that tasted soo good, looked sooo bad in the pictures I took.





After a little more web surfing, and with the help of a Costco cardboard box, and a few other odds and ends, I created my Lightbox!!


Okay, so it's not the prettiest thing around but the pictures that you can take in it are FABULOUS. I'm not even a professional and look at my test shots.


Pretty Nifty eh? ( did I seriously just say nifty? dang it I did it again!!) I even got white dishes to go in there too!

So the following week with Cajun food as the menu I packed up my box, the lights, dishes, and my mom's camera, and headed over. Since the kitchen is extremely busy I had to take the pictures in the bathroom, with not enough plugs for lights, and without a tripod (opps) I took these pictures.


Left - Shrimp Gumbo ( note the how the picture is a little blurry... needed the tripod)
Right- Blackened Mahi Mahi

and again

Of course she had a tasty dessert: Chocolate Pecan Tarts

mmMMmmm Good. So not to bad for a first professional, non professional.. umm what do you call it?

................?????

Who cares?!? It was fun and I got to eat the food!!





























1 comment:

Grandma Buttons said...

Good for you Kelt - I'm impressed!!