Sunday, December 9, 2007

Dashing through the ..Snow??

Well another week gone by in the Caribbean. I have become a kind of robot. Settling into a routine that I otherwise would avoid at all costs. Waking up at the unearthly hour of 7 and usually to the sound of a chain saw. Then helping Locklin with school and reading then a quick swim out to the reef. Then school, school and school and wait did I mention school? Bleh It's sickening. I can't say I dislike it either..strange.

My friends got here last week!!!!! YAY!!! It's nice having someone other than my family dearest or my buddy school work to hang out with. I have also been over at the restaurant a lot and know most of the waiters. I laugh every time we walk up and Rodolfo says "OMG four beautiful girls." Yesterday we got free Pina Colodas out of it lol. I think being around Spanish more often is helping, I'm slowing understanding more!

I have to say that the Christmas season has been strange. I miss the snow and the cold. Well not the cold that's in Calgary... maybe Utah lol. I can hear my snow board calling even though its far far away. I know I have said this a lot but there is just something weird about being tan in December.. even though next to my mother I’m WHITE. Listening to Christmas music is slightly depressing. There is no snow, no frosty the snowman and no need for cocoa or cider. I miss Canada, and everyone there. I will trade spots with anyone who wants to!

I am going to try to find time to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 3 this week or Pirates del Caribe If you want to say it in Spanish. But Ha I’m going to be in the Caribbean to watch it.. Okay. Well I should go. Idk what it is about sitting around and doing school work that makes me so tired but it does. I’m going to be so glad when the palapa is done next door.....

1 comment:

Grandma Buttons said...

Love your blog Keltie. I can tell you are an English star - you tell a good story! Glad your friends arrived - be happy!! Love you.