Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Great Cake Project





I once again am sucking at posting regularly,but that's the same old story.
So whats new??

Well The Great Cake Project was one of the many things I have done recently that has kept me too busy to blog!

What is the Great Cake Project you ask? Well if you haven't already seen the pictures on my mom's blog or Facebook,let me clue you in...


It all started with bakerella.. I was dying to make a cake creation. My mom's birthday was coming up and it was my parents 18th anniversary and they got married at 18. Plus they had a 3 cake pan set in large,medium,and small at Sorrianna. So it all fell into place.


I made two layers top layers cherry pound cake (same as my parents wedding cake)
and the bottom was a chocolate cake with 2 fresh strawberry custard layers. It took me a week to bake because we have a 1 pan oven, and limited electricity for the toaster/convection oven.

So I baked cakes....








And Then I iced cakes....



Then I put fresh flowers on my cake.
Then we all ate the Cake.. and had so much left over we ate it like 3 times a day for a week... Well I did anyways..


P.S My blog wont let me add anymore big pictures, I am going to try and fix it's problem..

1 comment:

Grandma Buttons said...

I sure am glad I was there for the "big cake project" - you did AWESOME and it was an amazing creation!!!